My mother had six kids. I know that’s a lot, and every time she gave birth, she would eat this seaweed soup for one month straight every day — that’s the Korean way. In this video, I show you a homemade seaweed soup recipe with sesame oil and soy sauce — you won’t believe how simple and easy it is, not to mention its amazing health benefits!
- Wakame Seaweed (2 ounces)
- Sesame oil (4 tablespoons)
- Soy Sauce (3 tablespoons)
- Water (14 cups)
Get Wakame Seaweed here:
Wel-Pac – Fueru Wakame (Dried Seaweed) Net Wt. 2 Oz.
1) Soak your seaweed in water for about 15-20 minutes. Drain the water. With scissors, cut large pieces of seaweed into smaller pieces.
2) In a large hot pot, add sesame oil and seaweed. Sautee seaweed in sesame oil for about 2 minutes.
3) Add water and soy sauce.
4) Place lid and bring flame to high. Once soup starts to boil, reduce flame to low and simmer cook soup for 45 minutes!