For those of you who love Japanese food but don’t like to eat raw fish, teriyaki is a great alternative for you. In this video, I show you a really easy and delicious salmon teriyaki recipe with ginger and garlic you can make at home.
- Salmon with skin on one side (1.5 lbs, makes 4 pieces)
- Ginger (2 inches, peeled and julienned)
- Garlic (2 cloves, minced)
- Soy Sauce (1/2 cup)
- Water (1/4 cup)
- Sugar (1/4 cup)
- White wine (2 tablespoons, can replace with mirin)
- Brown Sugar (1 teaspoon, can replace with mirin)
Normally you would use Japanese mirin (sweetened rice wine) instead of the white wine and brown sugar. However, if you prefer to use 2 tablespoons of Japanese mirin instead of white wine and brown sugar, you can get mirin here:
Kikkoman – Aji-Mirin (Sweet Cooking Rice Wine) 10 Oz.
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
This dish looks very good. Can’t wait to make and try it. Thanks for sharing!
Ying & Yang Living says