When I eat sushi, I love to pair it with Japanese miso soup. In this recipe, I show you a very simple miso soup recipe with soft tofu and crunchy scallions you can pair with any Asian dish.
- Miso (1/2 cup)
- Water (8 cups)
- Soy Sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Onion (1 large)
- Carrot (2 large)
- Tofu (1 cake, soft tofu)
- Scallions (3 stalks, diced)
Can’t find Japanese miso? Get it here:
Miko – Awase Miso Soyabean Paste (Aka + Shiro) – 500 Gram – GMO Free Japanese Miso Paste
1) Slice your onion and carrot into large pieces to be removed later.
2) Dice your tofu and scallions
3) In a large pot, add 8 cups of water and simmer cook onion and carrot for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove onion and carrot.
4) Turn off the flame and add miso. With wooden spoon, rub miso against pot to dissolve all the miso.
5) Once all miso is dissolved, then add soy sauce, tofu, and scallions.
6) Bring soup back up to boil for 20 seconds just to heat tofu.