You can now make your favorite teriyaki dish in your favorite Japanese restaurant in your own home. Instead of salmon or chicken, we use fresh wild tuna in this recipe.
- 4 tuna filets
- Soy sauce (16 tablespoon)
- Sake (8 tablespoon)
- Honey (4 tablespoon)
- Ginger (3 chunks, peeled and sliced into think pieces)
- Garlic (3 cloves, sliced)
- Green onion
1) Mix soy sauce, sake, honey, ginger and garlic in bowl to make marinade. In plastic zip-lock bag, add tuna in marinade, and let it sit for 2-3 hours until all the marinade flavors are well incorporated into tuna.
2) In 350 degree oven, place tuna on sheet pan or baking ware, and cook for 15 minutes. Let tuna sit for 5 minutes.
3) Teriyaki sauce: Drain the marinade through a sieve (so all ginger and garlic are disposed) into a small pot. Boil the marinade and reduce heat to low fire for about 7-10 minutes until the marinade thickens to become shiny. Pour marinade over tuna. Sprinkle green onions on top, and serve with or over rice.