I am obsessed with any type of sushi roll, especially when avocado is added, so here’s my spring/summer roll with shrimp, avocado, alfalfa sprouts, and black & white sesame seeds for a little crunch.
- Sticky Short Grained White Rice (2 cups, cooked)
- Nori Seaweed Sheets (10 sheets, get one that has not been toasted)
- Jumbo Shrimp (12 pieces, sliced in half)
- Riped Avocado (3-4 pieces, thinly sliced)
- Alfalfa Sprouts (small box)
- Black & White Sesame Seeds
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar (3 tablespoons)
Get your sticky rice, seaweed, and wasabi here:
Botan Calrose Rice, 15-Pound
Sushi Nori Seaweed Sheets – 50 Sheets Deluxe Roasted Seaweed – 4.5oz by Nagai Nori
S&B – Wasabi in Plastic Tube (Family Size) 3.17 Oz.
Ingredients you will need:
1) Cook your rice. Transfer rice to a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of vinegar, making sure vinegar covers the rice. Leave rice aside.
2) Cook shrimp in boiling water. Shrimp only takes about 2 minutes to cook. It will turn pink, which is when it’s done. Drain shrimp and rinse in cold water. Slice shrimp in half. Keep aside.
3) Slice your avocados into thin pieces.
4) On a plate, spread the black and white sesame seeds and mix together.
5) On a cutting board (flat surface), place one sheet of seaweed. Add rice and spread until rice is evenly and thinly spread all over seaweed. Carefully flip the seaweed, so that the rice side is now face down.
6) On the black seaweed side, close to the edge of the seaweed, add shrimp, avocado, sprouts, and with wasabi tube, dab a little wasabi along the sprouts.
7) Carefully roll seaweed with hand. Lift the roll carefully with your hand and roll it onto plate with black and white sesame seeds, so rice is covered with sesame seeds. With a very sharp knife, carefully slice into 3/4 inch pieces.
Makes about 8-10 rolls. Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.