Ginger is my favorite Asian root vegetable and I use it in so many recipes, so I had to make a summer drink with it. Here’s a healthy and refreshing summer smoothie with fresh strawberries flavored with a kick of ginger, lemon and lime.
- Fresh Strawberries (2 lbs.)
- Ginger (3-4 inches, peeled)
- Lemon (juice of 2 lemons)
- Lime (juice of 1 lime)
- Honey (3 tablespoons)
- Ice (2 trays of ice)
- Water (1 cup)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Slice your strawberries, cutting off stems and slicing them in half.
2) Peel your ginger and slice into 1/2 inch chunks.
3) Prepare all your strawberries, lemon and lime to place in blender.
4) In powerful blender, place strawberries, ginger, juice of 2 lemons and 1 lime, honey, and 1 cup of water.
5) Blend until ginger is smoothly blended.
6) Add 1 tray of ice and blend again for like 5 seconds to get it cold (no longer than that). The ice will melt pretty quickly from the blender.
7) In a large pitcher, add another tray of ice and pour smoothie.