Ginger is my favorite Asian root vegetable and I use it in so many recipes, so I had to make a summer drink with it. Here’s a healthy and refreshing summer smoothie with fresh strawberries flavored with a kick of ginger, lemon and lime.
- Fresh Strawberries (2 lbs.)
- Ginger (3-4 inches, peeled)
- Lemon (juice of 2 lemons)
- Lime (juice of 1 lime)
- Honey (3 tablespoons)
- Ice (2 trays of ice)
- Water (1 cup)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Slice your strawberries, cutting off stems and slicing them in half.
2) Peel your ginger and slice into 1/2 inch chunks.
3) Prepare all your strawberries, lemon and lime to place in blender.
4) In powerful blender, place strawberries, ginger, juice of 2 lemons and 1 lime, honey, and 1 cup of water.
5) Blend until ginger is smoothly blended.
6) Add 1 tray of ice and blend again for like 5 seconds to get it cold (no longer than that). The ice will melt pretty quickly from the blender.
7) In a large pitcher, add another tray of ice and pour smoothie.
Angie Wink says
Moon, that sounds wonderful. Ginger is my favorite also, and that would be just what I need for this cough that won’t go away.
Ying & Yang Living says
Angie… I drink this hot cinnamon ginger date tea when I have a cold. It does wonders for me! I think you’ll like the recipe! http://www.yingandyangliving.c…