Healthy red beans are turned into smooth and creamy porridge, and cooked sticky white rice is added for a wonderful texture. Great for breakfast, instead of usual oatmeal, or for lunch or dinner for cold winter days.
- Red Beans (2 cups, soaked in water)
- Short Grained Sticky White Rice (1 cup, sushi rice)
- Salt (2 teaspoons)
- Water (8 cups to cook red beans, and 1.5 cups to cook rice)
Ingredients you will need:
1) In a bowl, soak red beans in water for at least 12 hours (best to soak it over night)
2) Using a collander, drain water from soaked red beans
3) In a large pot, add red beans and 8 cups of water. Place lid, once water starts to boil, then reduce flame to low and simmer cook red bean for one (1) hour or until becomes nice and soft.
4) While red beans are cooking, prepare white rice. Wash white rice with water. Drain all the water from washed rice (make sure to drain all of the water first so you can get the water measurement correct when you place rice in pot and add 1.5 cups of water).
5) In a pot, place washed rice. Add 1.5 cups of water. Place lid. Once rice water starts to boil, then reduce flame to low and simmer cook rice for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn off the flame and let rice sit in pot with lid for at least 10 minutes.
6) After 1 hour of simmer cooking, the beans should be nice and soft. Take a blender machine and blend the beans, and the texture will become smooth and creamy. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to flavor it.
7) Add cooked rice into the blended red beans and any rice that is clumped, with a large wooden spoon, just rub it against the side of the pot to loosen it.