Light and fluffy quinoa is paired with shrimp, snap peas, ginger and carrot, and then flavored with some soy sauce and fish sauce for a healthy and complete meal.
- Quinoa Grain (2 cups)
- Water ( 3 3/4 cups)
- Jumbo Shrimp (16-20 pieces, depending on how many you serve to each person)
- Snap Peas (8 ounces)
- Bean Sprouts (8 ounces)
- Carrot (1 piece, thinly sliced)
- Ginger (3 inches, diced)
- Garlic (3 cloves. diced)
- Soy Sauce (4 tablespoons)
- Fish Sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Vegetable Oil
Ingredients you will need:
1) Cook quinoa. In a large pot, add 3 3/4 cups of water. When water boils, add 2 cups of quinoa and with wooden spoon give a quick stir. Add lid and reduce flame to low and simmer cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn off the flame and let quinoa sit with in pot with lid on for 10 minutes to settle.
2) After 10 minutes of quinoa sitting, add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. With a rice paddle or large wooden spoon, toss soy sauce into quinoa. Leave aside.
3) In boiling water, add snap peas and boil for no more than 1 minute. Snap peas should be slightly wilted but still retain crunchiness. With a strainer, transfer snap beans into cold water to stop cooking.
4) Get shrimp cleaned and leave aside.
5) Peel ginger and dice. Slice carrot into thin strips. Mince garlic.
6) In a large pan, add some vegetable oil. Over medium flame, add garlic and shrimp and let shrimp fully cook. If you have a lid for your pan, then place the lid on pan for like 3 minutes to help shrimp cook inside. If your pan does not have a lid, just place some cooking foil over pan, like you see below. With a tong, flip shrimp so it cooks on the other side. Once shrimp is cooked, transfer shrimp to a bowl.
7) Add a little bit more oil to pan. Add ginger and carrot, and sautee for like 2 minutes until ginger is cooked and carrot becomes wilted yet not mushy.
8) Add bean sprouts and sautee for like 1-2 minutes until bean sprout becomes wilted yet still crunchy.
9) Add cooked snap peas and cooked shrimp and then add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of fish sauce. Toss so condiments cover shrimp and vegetables.
10) Last step, add soy sauce flavored quinoa to vegetables and shrimp and toss so all of the ingredients come together.