Potato with Japanese fish cakes is cooked in a delicious savory yet slightly sweet marinade, all the flavors come together making it a earthy home-made dish everyone in your family will love.
- Idaho Potatoes (3 pieces, sliced into cubes)
- Japanese Fried Fish Cake (15 ounces)
- Red Bell Pepper (1, sliced into 2 inch pieces)
- Scallion (4 stalks, sliced into 1 inch pieces)
- Garlic (4 cloves, minced)
- Soy Sauce (3 tablespoons)
- Water (1/3 cup)
- Honey (1 1/2 tablespoon)
- Sesame Oil (3 tablespoons)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Korean Red Hot Pepper Flakes (1 tablespoon, if you can not get this, then use regular hot red pepper flakes)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Peel and slice potato into large cubes.
2) Slice the large Japanese Fish Cakes into bite size pieces.
3) Slice Bell Pepper into thin 2 inch pieces.
4) Slice scallion into 1 inch pieces.
5) Mince garlic.
6) Prepare marinade. In small bowl, add garlic, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, honey, red hot pepper flakes, and sesame seeds. With spoon, mix well.
7) In large pot, add potato, fish cakes, red bell pepper.
8) Add marinade and toss with wooden spoon.
9) Place lid on pot. Turn fire to high. Once liquid starts to boil, turn to medium heat, and cook for 20 minutes.
10) After 20 minutes, add scallions, and place lid back on. Cook for another 2 minutes until scallions are wilted.
Serve with rice. Serves 6.