I can never eat too much seaweed, especially when it’s in salad form. Here’s one of my favorite seaweed salad recipes. Wakame seaweed is paired by fresh cucumber and carrot, dressed with sesame oil, olive oil, and sesame seeds.
- Wakame Seaweed (2 3/4 ounce)
- Carrot (1 large, thinly sliced)
- Cucumber (1 long, thinly sliced)
- Rice Vinegar (1/4 of a cup)
- Sesame Oil (1/4 cup)
- Olive Oil (1/4 cup)
- Lemon (Squeeze juice of one lemon)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
Can’t find wakame seaweed, get it here:
Wel-Pac – Fueru Wakame (Dried Seaweed) Net Wt. 2 Oz. (Pack of 4)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Soak your seaweed in water for about 15 minutes until it’s reconstituted. Drain water and with your hands, squeeze out all the excess water from seaweed. Transfer seaweed to a large bowl. With scissors. cut seaweed into bite size pieces.
2) Julienne slice your carrot and cucumber. Add these vegetables to the seaweed.
3) Prepare your dressing. In a small bowl, add rice vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and toasted sesame seeds. Mix well.
4) Add dressing to your seaweed salad and toss well, so all the dressing covers the salad. Because salad should taste cool, not room temperature, chill it in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving it.