Asians love dried fish (a natural way to preserve food), and one of my favorite kind is this flat round File fish. I paired it with a red hot pepper paste mixed in with sesame oil, lots of garlic, and scallion. Simply broiled in the oven, it’s spicy flavor makes you want to eat more rice!
- File Fish (2 packs, about 24 pieces)
- Korean Red Hot Pepper Paste (8 tablespoons)
- Sesame Oil (3 tablespoons)
- Garlic (5 cloves, minced)
- Scallions (3 stalks, diced)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Dice your scallions.
2) Mince your garlic.
3) In a small bowl, add red hot pepper paste, sesame oil, garlic, and scallion. With spoon, give it a mix so all the ingredients are well integrated.
4) In a baking pan, cover with cooking foil and place file fish on foil.
5) With a small spoon, thinly spread red hot pepper mix over each file fish.
6) Turn on the Broil function on your oven. Place tray of file fish under the boiler, and let it broil for about 4 minutes. Make sure to keep a watch on the broiling so it doesn’t burn the file fish.
7) Serve with rice.