Wonderful dish for those of you who are vegan. CousCous is paired with kale, cauliflower, and dried cranberries — all flavored with a curry olive oil sauce. Healthy, delicious and very satisfying for a vegan meal!
- Pearl CousCous (1 1/2 cups)
- Cauliflower (half of one cauliflower)
- Kale (1 bundle, about 8 ounces)
- Dried Cranberries (1 1/4 cup)
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- Curry (3 tablespoons)
- Olive Oil (6 tablespoons)
- Salt (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Cook couscous first. In a pot, add 1.8 cups and bring to a boil. Add 1.5 cups of couscous, place lid, and reduce heat to low. Simmer cook couscous between 8-10 minutes. Every couple of minutes open the lid and stir with a wooden spoon so it doesn’t stick to the pan. Once all of the water is absorbed by couscous, it is done.
2) Slice Kale, removing the hard stem and just using the leaves. Wash kale and leave aside.
3) Mince Garlic.
4) Slice cauliflower in half (as we will use only half). Slice off end of cauliflower, and, with your hand, remove smaller pieces off of the cauliflower. Wash cauliflower.
5) In boiling water, add washed cauliflower, and cook for like 1-2 minutes until cauliflower is wilted but still retains crunchiness. With a hand strainer, transfer cauliflower to a bowl. Leave cauliflower aside.
6) Prepare curry sauce. In a small bowl, add curry, salt, pepper and olive oil. With spoon, dissolve spices into olive oil.
7) In a large hot pan, add some olive oil. Add garlic and sautee garlic for like 10 seconds first. Then add kale leaves and add like 2 tablespoons of water to help the kale cook. Sautee until kale is wilted.
8) Add cooked couscous into kale. Add half of the curry sauce, and toss so curry sauce covers kale and couscous.
9) Add cooked cauliflower to kale and couscous and then add the rest of the curry sauce. Add dried cranberries and give a final toss.