Rather than sweets, I go healthy on Halloween with pumpkin! Porridge is such a comfort food for me, so here, I roasted fresh pumpkins and combined it with sweet white rice. It has such a natural sweetness with a smooth and creamy texture.
- Pumpkins (2 small ones)
- Sweet Rice Powder (1/2 cup)
- Salt (1 1/2 teaspoon)
- Water (3 cups)
- Olive Oil
- Pine Nuts
Ingredients you will need:
1) Slice your pumpkins into smaller pieces. With your hands, remove seeds.
2) Place pumpkins on baking sheet, and brush olive oil on pumpkin pieces. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and roast pumpkins for 45 minutes.
3) After pumpkins have been roasted, then with knife, remove the pumpkins from skin (throw out skin), and place pumpkin in blender. Add 1 cup of water and blend pumpkin until creamy smooth texture.
4) In a pot, add 1/2 cup of sweet rice powder. Add blended pumpkin, 2 cups of water and 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir until pumpkin becomes creamy smooth texture.
5) Add pine nuts on top