Chinese steamed eggs are light and smooth with mushrooms and scallions for a subtle soft and crunchy texture at the same time.
- Eggs (4 eggs beaten)
- Water (1 cup)
- Scallions (2 stalks, diced)
- Button Mushrooms (2 pieces, diced)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Sesame Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Ceramic Ramekins (4)
1) In a small bowl, beat your eggs and add 1 cup of water, salt and sesame oil. Mix, so the salt and sesame oil are integrated with egg and water.
2) Dice your scallions and mushrooms and add to egg mixture and give a little stir.
3) With a ladle, place egg mixture into each of the ramekins.
4) In a large pot, add about 2 inches of water, and place all 4 ramekins with the mixture into the pot. Place lid and bring water to boil. Once water boils, reduce flame to low and steam cook for 12 minutes.
5) Garnish with scallions.