Baby Bak Choy is sautéed with Portobello mushrooms and seasoned with fresh ginger, garlic and hot chili sesame oil.
- Baby Bak Choy (4 bundles)
- Portobella Mushroom (1 large)
- Ginger (3-4 inches julienned)
- Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
- Soy Sauce (2 tablespoons)
- Hot Chili Sesame Oil (if you do not like dish spicy, then just use regular sesame oil)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Remove Baby Bak Choy Stems from its core and wash leaves. Set aside.
2) With hand remove stem from mushroom. Slice in thin pieces.
3) Peel and slice ginger.
4) Mince garlic.
5) In a large hot pan, add some hot chili sesame oil (about 2 tablespoons). If you do not like spice, then add regular sesame oil. Sautee ginger and garlic for about 1 minute.
6) Add Baby Bak Choy and add 2 tablespoon of soy sauce. Add pan lid or cooking foil if pan does not come with lid. Let Baby Bak Choy steam cook for a few minutes (like 2-3 minutes) until it starts to wilt.
7) Once Baby Bak Choy starts to wilt, add mushrooms. Again, place lid or cooking foil for like 2-3 minutes until mushroom starts to wilt. Once mushroom starts to wilt, then with wooden spoon, sautéee the vegetables so they pick up all of the flavors of soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
8) Finally, add toasted sesame seeds and serve with rice.