Instead of the usual apple sauce, try this delicious naturally sweet sauce made with juicy, crunchy Asian pears, flavored with vanilla extract, basel leaves, a touch of brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Asian pears (4, peeled)
- Brown Sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Vanilla Extract (1 tablespoon)
- Basel Leaves (small bunch)
- Water (10 cups)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Peel skin from pair and then 1) slice into half, 2) slice into quarter, and 3) wife fruit knife, take take out pit in center and any remaining skin.
2) In a large pot, place peeled pear. Add 10 cups of water and add some basel leaves. Add lid and place fire high. Once water starts to boil, then reduce heat to low, and simmer cook pear in low heat for 40 minutes.
3) After 45 minutes of simmer cooking, take out basel leaves and throw it out. In a bowl, place cooked pair in there.
4) In a blender, place cooked pair. Add vanilla extract and brown sugar and blend.
5) Transfer to bowl and add cinnamon on top.
Place over potato cakes or whatever you desire: