Instead of the standard cereal, oat meal or pan cakes, try this healthy yet delicious quinoa with eggs for breakfast. You can also serve this for lunch or dinner.Ingredients:
- Quinoa (1 cup)
- Scallions (3 stalks, chopped)
- Soy Sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Olive oil (1 1/2 tablespoon)
- Eggs (4 hard boiled, slice in half)
- Pepper (1/2 tablespoon)
You can get Quinoa here:
Arrowhead Mills Organic Quinoa — 14 oz
1) Cook quinoa in pot. Double water, so for 1 cup of quinoa, add 2 cups of water. Boil water first and then add quinoa. Reduce heat to simmer until quinoa is cooked.
2) Cook 4 hard boiled eggs in separate pot with water covering the eggs. Once the water has boiled, then turn off heat. Leave hard boiled egg in the pot with lid covered for another 5 minutes. Drain egg in cold water and peel the egg shell. Slice eggs in half. Set aside.
3) Once quinoa is cooked, then mix and fluff the quinoa. Add soy sauce and olive oil. Mix well until soy sauce and olive oil has covered all the quinoa. Add scallion and pepper and again mix well.
4) Plate the quinoa and place the hard boiled eggs on top of it. Serve 2 egg halves for each person. Great for breakfast!