Can’t get any healthier than this miso with spinach and tofu soup recipe!
- Japanese miso (3 tablespoons)
- Onion (1 medium size, sliced in very large chunks)
- Spinach (1 bundle, washed)
- Green onions (optional, diced)
- Medium firm or Soft tofu (1/2 a cake, and cube into 1 inches)
- Water (6 cups)
- Salt (3/4 tablespoon)
In a medium sized pot, pour 6 cups of water. Add sliced onions and simmer for 20 minutes to get the sweet flavor of the onion. Take out onion and discard. Pour some of the onion liquid into a small bowl, and dissolve all the miso in this liquid. Add the miso dissolved liquid back into the pot. Add salt. Bring liquid back to boil. Add tofu cubes. Add spinach and cook for only 10 seconds. Serve with green onions as optional.