Refreshing black iced tea with mint and coconut milk, this drink is smooth and creamy at the same time.
- Coconut Milk (1 can of 14 ounce)
- Black Tea (4 bags, English Breakfast tea is fine)
- Water (7 cups)
- Brown Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Cardamom (1 teaspoon)
- Fresh Mint Tea Leaves (1/4 cup)
Get your coconut milk and cardamom here: Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk Unsweetened and Simply Organic Cardamom
1) Boil Water and turn off flame. Add tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags.
2) Add brown sugar, cardamom, and mint tea leaves. Bring tea to a boil again for just 1 minute to extract flavors of the fresh mint and to make sugar is completely dissolved. Turn off flame and cool down.
3) Once tea is cool, then place in refrigerator until it becomes cold. At the same time, place coconut milk in refrigerator to cool it down as well.
4) In a large glass, add ice, then add 1/4 cup of coconut milk for every 1 cup of tea. Mix and serve.