This perfect dessert pudding is creamy smooth made with arborio rice cooked in coconut milk topped with fresh mangoes, shaved coconut, and crunchy slivered almonds.
- Asian Mangoes (4 ripened)
- Arborio Rice (1/2 cup)
- Coconut Milk (2 cans of 14 ounce can)
- Sugar (4 tablespoons)
- Cardamom Spice Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Shredded Sweet Coconut (1/4 cup)
- Slivered Almonds (1/4 cup)
Do you want to grow your own Asian mango in your back yard? Get your seed here: Asian Mango Seeds
Get your coconut milk and cardamom spice here:Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk Unsweetened and Simply Organic Cardmom Spice
1) In a medium sized pot, add rice, coconut milk, sugar, cardamom spice, and salt. Mix well and place lid. Turn flame high until liquid starts to boil, and then reduce flame to very low and cook the rice for 40 minutes. After 30 minutes, open lid and mix rice so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom and burn. Let it cook for another 10 minutes, turn off flame, mix rice again and let it sit.
2) Slice 4 mangoes. Slice around the pit and cut mango flesh from the skin. Pulse the mangoes in blender until you get a smooth consistency.
3) In a small glass cup, add coconut rice, then add blended mangoes over rice, and add sliced almonds and shaved coconut on top.