Make your favorite Chinese Kung Pao dish at home. This dish has a nice kick of spice to get your taste buds going!
- 3 Chicken breasts (cubed into 1 inch)
- soy sauce (3 tablespoons)
- rice wine vinegar (6 tablespoons)
- corn starch (2 tablespoons)
- sesame oil (2 tablespoons)
- dried hot chili pepper (10 pieces, cut in half))
- peanuts or walnuts (1 cup)
- scallions (3 scallions, diced)
- garlic (3 cloves, minced)
- peanut or canola oil
Prepare marinade for chicken: 2 tablespoon of soy sauce, 3 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar, 2 tablespoon of sesame oil, 2 tablespoon of corn starch. Marinade chicken for 20-30 minutes.
Prepare sauce: in a small bowl. prepare the kung pao sauce for the chicken: 3 tablespoon of soy sauce, 3 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar, and 2 tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
Heat peanut or canola oil in sautee pan or wok, add marinaded chicken until fully cooked and transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
In the sautee pan, add a little more oil. Add garlic and chili peppers until chili pepper flavor is extracted into oil (1 minute). Add sauce until and stir with chili peppers for 10 seconds. Add cooked chicken until sauce covers chicken. Stir in peanuts and scallions.
Serve over rice.