Sweet chili pepper eggplant to satisfy both your spicy and sweet taste buds at the same time!
- 2 large Chinese or Japanese eggplants (sliced into ½ inch rounds) or 5 small ones
- 2 red chili pepper (seeded and diced)
- Soy Sauce (3 tablespoons)
- Sesame oil (1-2 tablespoon)
- sugar (1 2/2 tablespoons)
Soak eggplants in salt water for about 15-10 minutes, and drain water delicately squeezing out extra liquid. In a hot pan, add sesame oil and sautee eggplant until it soaks up all the oil. Add chili pepper. Add soy sauce and sugar, and finally add enough water to just cover egg plants. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes until eggplant is soft. Serve over rice