Combine turkey, tofu and bell peppers and you get this healthy low fat dish!
- Ground Turkey (1/2 lbs.)
- Bell peppers (5, sliced in half)
- Tofu (1/3 of a cake)
- Garlic (4 cloves, diced)
- Onion (1 small, diced)
- Scallion (2 scallions, diced)
- Soy Sauce (1/2 tablespoon)
- Sesame oil (1 tablespoon)
- Toasted sesame seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1/2 tablespoon)
- Pepper (1/2 tablespoon)
1) Slice bell pepper in half in vertical direction, which will give you 10 half pieces, and set aside.
2) In cooking cloth with holes, squeeze all excess water out of tofu.
3) In a big bowl, add garlic, onion, scallion, turkey and tofu. Add soy sauce, toasted sesame seeds, salt, pepper and sesame oil. Mix with your hand until all the ingredients are well integrated.
4) With a spoon, scoop turkey mix into each bell pepper.
5) Place peppers on cooking sheet, and cook for 45 minutes in 375 pre-heated oven. Serve with jasmine or your favorite rice.
I love the color scheme of this dish. The use of bell peppers as “container” for the turkey is simply brillant
Time to eat says
not really a big fan of turkey…maybe beef with some onions will do too.
love food says
It looks delicious. I’m hoping to try the dish out this upcoming weekend
this may be my health dish of the week~ thanks for the recipe