I love the simplicity of this tofu recipe, and it’s my go-to recipe when I’m super busy, as I can make it in 20 minutes. Tofu is cooked in a very savory ginger and garlic soy sauce. Light, healthy and delicious.
- Tofu (1 firm cake, cubed)
- Ginger (2 inches, peeled and julienned)
- Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
- Scallion (3 stalks, diced)
- Soy Sauce (3 tablespoons)
- Sesame Oil (2 tablespoons)
- Water (1/3 cup)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (1 tablespoon)
Get your firm tofu here:
Mori-Nu Tofu, Silken Style, Extra Firm, 12.3-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Sesame Oil and Sesame Seeds:
La Tourangelle Toasted Sesame Oil, 16.9 Ounce Unit
1) Slice tofu into about 1/2 inch cubes and place in a medium sized pot.
2) Slice ginger into julienne pieces, dice scallions, and mince garlic.
3) In a bowl, add ginger, garlic, soy sauce, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, water and sesame seeds. Mix well so all the ingredients are well integrated. Add this sauce mixture on top of tofu.
4) Place pot on lid and once sauce starts to boil, then simmer cook for 15 minutes. All the flavors of the sauce will be absorbed by the tofu. Serve over rice.