Spaghetti with Grilled Chicken & Fresh Vegetables Dressed with Japanese Ponzu Sauce
Healthy whole wheat spaghetti topped with grilled chicken breasts, fresh cucumbers, carrots, sautéed portobello mushrooms, & seaweed, dressed with a light Japanese-inspired ponzu sauce.
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti (6 oz.)
- Chicken Breast (1 lb.)
- Carrot (1 piece, juilenned)
- Cucumber (1 medium sized, julienned)
- Portobello Mushrooms (2 pieces, thinly sliced)
- Dried Seaweed (2-3 sheets, cut into thin pieces)
Get your dried seaweed here: Mikoshi Sushi Nori Seaweed Sheets
- Soy Sauce (1/4 cup)
- Lemon (1/3 cup of lemon juice)
- Lime (1/4 cup of lime juice)
- Sake (2 tablespoons)
- Fish Sauce (2 tablespoons)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Sugar (2 tablespoons)
1) Boil spaghetti and drain. Place aside.
2) Slice all your vegetables: cucumber, carrot and mushrooms. Cut seaweed into thin strips with scissors.
3) Sautee your mushrooms with a little bit of vegetable oil. Place aside.
4) Prepare your chicken. Salt & pepper chicken breast and then flatten each piece with a meat mallet.
5) Oil your indoor grill with a brush. Grill chicken until each side is fully cooked. Place aside.
6) Prepare your ponzu dressing. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, lemon and lime juices, sake, fish sauce, water, and sugar. Make sure sugar is completely dissolved.
7) Plate your spaghetti on your dish and place chicken on top of noodles. Place your sliced carrot, cucumber, and sautéed mushrooms on top of chicken. Sprinkle dish with dried seaweed.
8) Pour a little bit of the Ponzu dressing all over the top and serve (there is a lot of dressing so do not use all of it on one dish).