Steamed Cabbage Leaves with Miso Sesame Oil Paste
I grew up eating a lot of cabbage — both raw and cooked — so cabbage leaves is one of my all time favorite veggies. Steaming is one of my favorite ways to eat cabbage leaves, paired with some brown rice and this delicious miso paste with sesame oil, sesames seeds and scallions for a nice crunchy texture. Super healthy, easy, and delicious!
- Cabbage (1 whole white cabbage)
- Japanese Miso (3 tablespoons)
- Sesame Oil (2 tablespoons)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Scallions (2 stalks, diced)
- Brown Rice or white rice (cooked)
1) Dice scallions
2) In a small bowl, mix miso, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and diced scallions together. Set aside mixed paste.
3) Carefully remove cabbage leaves one by one, so the cabbage leaves stay in one piece
4) In a steamer (if you have a bamboo steamer, line it with parchment paper), place cabbage leaves in steamer.
5) Add water to your pan, and place steamer in pan. Bring water to boil. Once you start seeing the steam rise, then steam for 7 minutes.
6) Take cabbage leave out of steamer and place on flat surface. Place some brown rice in cabbage lead and mixed miso paste on top. Fold cabbage leaves and eat!