Sesame Leaves in Sesame Oil & Sesame Seed Marinade
Sesame leaves are so delicious because they have a natural toasty flavor to them. Here’s a classic Korean home-made sesame leaves recipe, doubling the sesame flavor with sesame oil and sesame seed soy sauce marinade. One of my favorite sides dishes to eat over rice.
- Sesame Leaves (8 ounces, washed)
- Soy Sauce (1/4 cup)
- Sesame Oil (3 tablespoons)
- Sesame Seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Korean Red Hot Pepper Flakes (1 tablespoon)
- Water (1/3 cup)
- Scallions (3 stalks, diced)
- Garlic (5 cloves, minced)
Can’t find Korean red hot pepper flakes, get it here:
Singsong Korean Hot Pepper Coarse Type Powder, 1.10 Pound
Ingredients you will need:
1) Wash your sesame leaves and place in a large pot.
2) Dice your scallions.
3) Mince your garlic.
4) In a bowl, add scallions, garlic, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and Korean red hot pepper flakes. Mix well.
5) Pour mixed marinade into pot with sesame leaves. Place lid on pot.
6) Once the liquid starts to boil, then reduce flame to medium heat. Cook in medium heat for 8-10 minutes (do not go over 10 minutes), and all the flavors of the marinade will be absorbed by the sesame leaves.
7) Serve over rice. Serves 4 people.