Red Cabbage, Carrot & Garbanzo Bean Salad in Ginger Lime Sesame Dressing
Simple, nutritious, and tasty salad. Red cabbage, carrot, and garbanzo beans tossed in a fresh ginger, lime, sesame oil dressing. You can whip up this salad in 10 minutes!
- Red Cabbage (half of one large red cabbage, sliced)
- Carrot (1 1/2 carrot, shredded)
- Garbanzo Beans (1 can 15 oz.)
- Fresh Ginger (2 inches, peeled)
- Rice Vinegar (3 tablespoons)
- Fresh Lime (juice of 2 limes)
- Sesame Oil (8 tablespoons)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
Ingredients you will need:
1) With your hands remove the outer layer of the cabbage. Slice cabbage in half, and use half of the cabbage (use the other half for another recipe). Remove the core of cabbage, and slice into thin pieces. Add cabbage to a large bowl.
2) Peel carrots and use 1.5 carrot. Slice carrot in half, and, with a shredder, shred carrot. Add shredded carrot to red cabbage.
3) Drain water from garbanzo bean can into a strainer, and then rinse garbanzo beans with water. Add washed garbanzo beans to carrot and red cabbage.
4) Prepare dressing. Peel 2 inches of ginger. In a blender, add peeled ginger, squeeze juice of 2 limes, add rice vinegar, salt, pepper, and sesame oil. Blend until the ginger turns liquid.
5) Add dressing to salad and toss with tongs.