- White Whole Wheat Flour (3 cups)
- Water (3 cups)
- Eggs (2 eggs)
- Riped Kimchi (7 cups, make sure it’s riped, so when you bring home Kimchi, let it sit in room temperature for 1 day before you store in refrigerator)
If you can’t find Kimchi, get it here:
Sauce to pair with pancake:
- Soy Sauce
Ingredients you will need:
1) Prepare your Kimchi. Place Kimchi on cutting board, and slice into smaller pieces. Over sink, squeeze out all the excess liquid in the Kimchi with your hands. After you squeeze Kimchi, it will turn into lighter color. Place squeezed Kimchi in bowl, and keep kimchi aside.
2) Prepare batter. In large bowl, add flour, water, and eggs, and mix well, so there are no lumps. Batter should have a smooth consistency. Not too watery but not too thick either.
3) Add kimchi into batter, and mix well, so kimchi is well integrated into batter.
4) In a hot pan, add oil. With a large ladle, scoop out kimchi batter and place in hot pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook one side until it is crispy brown, and then flip carefully. With spatula, press down on pancake to compact it. Finish cooking the other side.
5) Place kimchi on a plate with paper towel, so it can soak up oil from pancake.
6) On cutting board, preferably with a bread knife, slice pancake into about 1-2 inch bite sized pieces.
7) Prepare sauce to go along with pancake. In a small bowl, add soy sauce and squeeze lemon juice. Serve sauce with Kimchi pancake.
Makes about 7-8 pancakes.