I generally don’t like pancakes, so I had to make ones that I would enjoy. I used gluten free flour for those who have gluten allergies. The batter is mixed with soy milk and I added blueberries and banana for natural sweetness and pecans for a crunchy texture.
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (1 1/2 cup, this type of flour is usually a combination of different grains)
- Unsweetened Soy Milk (1 cup)
- Egg (1)
- Pecans (1/2 cup, diced)
- Banana (1 riped, banana gives a natural sweetness so you don’t have to add sugar to batter)
- Baking Powder (2 teaspoons)
- Cinnamon Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Vanilla Extract (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Maple Syrup
- Non flavored vegetable oil, like Canola or grape seed
Ingredients you will need:
1) Dice pecans into small pieces.
2) In a large bowl, add broken pieces of the banana. With a potato masher, mash the banana until it becomes mushy.
3) To the mashed banana, add flour, egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, salt, baking powder, and soy milk. Mix well.
4) Once batter is nicely mixed, add diced pecans and mix pecans into batter.
5) In a hot pan, add vegetable oil. With a ladle spoon, scoop out batter and carefully place into hot pan. With your hand, take blueberries and place it in the batter.
6) Once batter is golden brown on one side, carefully flip with spatula and cook on other side.
7) Drizzle maple syrup on top.
Makes about 7-8 pancakes.