Summer Egg, Fruit & Vegetable Salad with Japanese Wasabi Dressing
Looking for a summer salad to serve at your picnic or barbecue? Here’s a summer salad with egg whites, apples, dried cranberries, cucumbers, and carrot topped with a savory Japanese wasabi dressing. Softness of the white eggs, crunchiness of the fresh fruits and vegetables, this salad has wonderful texture and will pair well with any barbecue meat, chicken or fish!
- Eggs (6 hard boiled eggs)
- Cucumber (1 medium to large sized cucumber or 2 small ones, diced)
- Carrot (1 carrot, diced)
- Apple (1 large apple preferably Fuji apple, or 2 small red apples, diced)
- Dried Cranberries (1 cup)
- Light Mayonnaise (1/2 cup)
- Wasabi (1 1/2 teaspoon)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (1 tablespoon)
- Honey (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Egg Yolks from 3 eggs
Can’t find wasabi? Get it here:
S&B – Wasabi in Plastic Tube (Family Size) 3.17 Oz.
Ingredients you will need:
1) Place 6 eggs in pot of water and boil. After the water boils, then turn off flame and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 minutes. Egg is done. Peel egg skin and slice egg into half.
2) With a small spoon, scoop out the egg yolks carefully, and save the egg yolks from 3 eggs (you can discard the rest of the egg yolks or eat them separately). Then slice egg whites into smaller bite size pieces.
3) In a small bowl, prepare the dressing. Add 3 scooped egg yolks, mayonaisse, wasabi, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Take a masher and mash egg yolks so it integrates well into dressing. Make sure dressing is well mixed.
4) Dice up the cucumber, carrot, and apple.
5) In a large salad bowl, add diced fruit and vegetables. Add egg whites and cranberries. Add mixed dressing and toss until dressing covers the salad.