Coconut Rice Pudding with Tarot Root & Pecans
Perfect lower calorie holiday dessert: sticky white rice and tarot root are cooked in creamy smooth coconut milk flavored with honey for a natural sweetness. Holiday flavored nutmeg and crunchy pecan nuts are then placed on top.
- Short Grained Sticky White Rice (2 cups)
- Tarot Root (3-4 pieces, diced)
- Coconut Milk (6 cups)
- Water (2 cups)
- Honey (6 tablespoons) or Sugar if you prefer sugar
- Salt (2 teaspoons)
- Toasted Pecans (diced)
- Ground Nutmeg
Ingredients you will need:
1) Peel and dice tarot root into small pieces.
2) Wash rice and drain water thoroughly.
3) In large pot, add rice, tarot root, coconut milk, water and salt. Give a quick stir to mix ingredients.
4) Place lid and turn flame to high. Once coconut milk starts to boil, then reduce flame to low and cook for 30 minutes.
5) Once the porridge has cooked for 20 minutes, open lid and stir porridge quickly, so the rice does not stick to bottom of pot. Place lid again and cook for remaining 10 minutes.
6) After 30 minutes, you will get a smooth creamy texture. Add honey and stir to sweeten porridge.
7) Place porridge in small bowl, dice up some toasted pecans, and place pecans on top of porridge.
Serves 8-10 people