Skinless chicken drumsticks are cooked with potato and carrots in a soy sauce sesame marinade — a hearty one pot wonder dish.
- Chicken Drumsticks (8 drumsticks, remove skin)
- Carrot (3 pieces, sliced into 1-2 inch pieces)
- Potato (2 large pieces, sliced into cubed pieces)
- Soy Sauce (5 tablespoons)
- Sesame Oil (3 tablespoons)
- Water (3/4 cup)
- Garlic (4 cloves, minced)
- Scallion (4 stalks, diced)
- Red Hot Pepper Flakes (1 teaspoon)
Ingredients you will need:
1) Remove skin from drumsticks. Because skin is slippery, dip your fingers into some salt so the skin grips to your fingers. In large pot, add drumsticks.
2) Slice potato and carrot into about 1 inch cubes, and add to chicken.
3) Prepare marinade. Dice scallions and mince garlic. In a small bowl, add soy sauce, sesame oil, water, sesame seeds, red hot pepper flakes, scallions and garlic. With spoon, stir. Pour marinade into chicken.
4) Place lid and turn flame to high. Once liquid starts to boil, reduce flame to low and cook for 1 hour. When you reach the 30 minute cooking point, open lid and mix with large spoon so potato and carrot cook at the bottom. Cook for another 30 minutes, and chicken is done.