Crispy Wonton Chicken Salad with Orange Sesame Vinaigrette
This is a kicked up chicken salad with crispy wonton skins, dried cranberries, and slivered almonds paired with a light gently-sweet vinaigrette made with fresh squeezed orange juice and sesame oil.
- Chicken breast (1 lb., cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Romaine Lettuce (2 heads)
- Carrot (1, julienned)
- Wonton Skins (8 sheets, sliced into thin strips)
- Slivered Almonds (1/3 cup)
- Dried Cranberries (1/3 cup)
- Peanut Oil
Get your wonton skins here: Wonton Wrappers
- Oranges (juice of 2 oranges)
- Sesame oil (2 tablespoons)
- Maple Syrup (2 teaspoons)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
1) Slice your lettuce and carrots, and place in a large bowl. Add slivered almonds and dried cranberries. Place aside.
2) Slice your wonton skins into thin strips.
3) Slice your chicken into cubes and salt and pepper them.
4) In a hot skillet, add 1/2 inch of peanut oil. Carefully add your wonton strips to make them crispy golden brown. Flip the wonton skins to fry on the other side. Place crispy wonton skins on a plate with paper towel to drain the oil. Let wontons cool down and then add to salad.
5) In the same hot skillet, after you’ve finished frying all your wonton strips, cook your chicken. Cook chicken on until each side of the chicken is golden brown. Place cooked chicken on plate with paper towel to drain oil. Let chicken cool down and then add chicken to your salad.
6) Prepare your dressing. In a small bowl, mix your orange juice, sesame oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Add mixed dressing to your salad and toss.